Young girls are wandering in the forest, gingered up in the fields, chatting away and stretched out under the trees. What they’re saying to each other isn’t quite clear: they speak Polish. Suddenly, we look at them before anything else, it’s Sharon Lockhart inviting us, such a delicate painter as she usually is. What they say, we’ll find out later, translated as an isolated block scrolling down the screen, much like a poem. Weaving sweetness and exhilaration, gaze and admiration, quiet and subtle things to say – that is the bet. (JPR)
- Original version : Polish.
- Subtitles : English.
- Screen : Yori Fabian, Colin Trenbeath.
- Editor : May Rigler.
- Sound : Zofia Moruś, Ola Pniak.
- With : J. Barbarewicz, W. Buła, A. Ciechomska, K. Drozd, M. Jańczyk, N. Kruk, D. Łazinka, K. Matyja, V. Mazur, W. Mechlińska, A. Miller, S. Mroczek, M. Olszewska, N. Ozga, P. Pietrucianis, N. Rutkowska, A. Rutz, M. Skiba, M. Słowińska, W. Szałapska, W. Szcześniak, A. Szczepańska, K. Tomczak, A. Wyka.
- Production : Muddy Hill Productions (Wojtek Markowski, Ola Knychalska, Sharon Lockhart).
- Filmography : Rudzienko, 2016. Double Tide, 2009. Exit, 2008. Lunch Break, 2008. Pine Flat, 2005.
- Little Review / 2017 / 27’17”
- Rudzienko / 2016 / 53’
- Antoine Milena / 2015 / 3’29”
- Five Dances and Nine Wall Carpets by Noa Eshkol / 2011 / continuous loops
- Four Exercises in Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation / 2011 / 16’03”
- Podwórka / 2009 / 32’
- Double Tide / 2009 / 99’
- Exit / 2008 / 41’
- Lunch Break / 2008 / 83’
- Pine Flat / 2005 / 137’41”
EP – Livre d’image
Goya, painting the Disasters of War that he had witnessed, gave us the notorious “I saw it”. It is all about testimony. Here, following the painter’s lead, this involves exploring a bloody...En savoir +
The Burrow is Kafka's last text, a mind-boggling monologue in the form of address, left incomplete. The question here will be to experience it. Mismatched benches and gamuts of askew planted indoors...En savoir +
To dive or not to dive? Swimming? They try, they hesitate. Then they ‘re ready in the right position: the swimmer’s silhouette, the diver’s position. Images merging with bodies, bodies turning...En savoir +
Take Magnum, a famous television series with Tom Selleck as an unfaltering man of action. Choose an episode taking place in what looks like a far Eastern country providing the props colored with such...En savoir +
Being a woman? A matter of representation. So here we go: there will be bodies, gestures, faces, words, from women mainly, taken from the archives of the Belgian television in the 60s and 70s. Then...En savoir +
« You don’t have to leave your house. Stay where you are at the table and listen. Don’t even listen, just wait. Don’t even wait, be absolutely silent and alone. The world will come offering...En savoir +
The frame? An institute for blind youths in the Tcheque Republic. The action? Putting a camera in their their hands so they can bring back pictures of their surroundings. Paradox? None. Result? A...En savoir +
The child in us remembers, the title is Baloo’s song, the bohemian bear, Mowgli’s guide in The Jungle Book, Disney’s version. This time, though, no singing, no Mowgli. If Disney’s drawings...En savoir +
A technical accomplishment, here we are like never before under the celestial vault, curved and complete, in admiration of other accomplishments, pyrotechnic ones this time. Exceptional work on...En savoir +
Except for those films conceived and produced for television, Beckett will only have signed one project for cinema, the famous Film with Buster Keaton as principal actor. The result is as enigmatic...En savoir +