Tehran, city of ambitions(Tehran, Shahr e Arezouha)
During the street riots against the Pahlavi dynasty in 1978-79, the rebels burned down
more than 50 movie theaters in the Iranian capital city, Tehran. After the ideological
revolution of 1979, those who considered cinema as a degenerate art collected some
copies of fiction films and set them on fire. As a result, the history of Iranian cinema
is silently buried, unnoticed. Tehran, as the location for most Iranian films, is the best
history witness of such actualities. This project is a cinematic, anthropological discovery,
and an anthology of the history of Iranian cinema.
Genre : documentary
Runtime (min) : 100’
Production country : Iran
Production company : Wings of Desire Institute
Producer’s name : Saeed Nouri
Project status : production
Estimated budget : 140 000 €
Acquired Budget (in €) : 42 500
Acquired Budget (in %) : 30
Shooting countries : Iran
Production company’s filmography:
Wings of Desire Institute
– Women According To Men / Saeed Nouri / 2019 / 90′
– Ava / Sadaf Foroughi / 2017 / 103’
– March of the Sun / Saeed Nouri / 2016 / 26’
– The Secret of a Palace / Saeed Nouri / 2014 / 6′
– Teenage / Saeed Nouri / 2012 / 40′
– Francesco ROSI, A Cursory Review / Saeed NOURI / 2011 / 30′
– The Crossed fates / Saeed Nouri / 2011 / 9′
– The Farrokh days / Saeed Nouri / 2008/ 52’
– Unexpectedly Television / Saeed Nouri / 2005 / 12′
– The Flight Story / Saeed Nouri / 2002 / 35′
- Women According To Men / 2019 / 90'
- March of the Sun / 2016 / 26’
- The Secret of a Palace / 2014 / 6'
- Teenage / 2012 / 40'
- Francesco ROSI, A Cursory Review / 2011 / 30'
- The Crossed fates / 2011 / 9'
- The Farrokh days / 2008/ 52’
- Unexpectedly Television / 2005 / 12'
- The Flight Story / 2002 / 35'
- Backwards / 2001 / 37'
- Reattachment / 2001 /12'
- Puzzle / 2000 / 16’
A summer afternoon before a storm. In an 1890’s interior, elderly manor governor warns how faeries come out of the lakes to mingle among people in such a weather. On his way to meet a fellow...En savoir +
During the street riots against the Pahlavi dynasty in 1978-79, the rebels burned down more than 50 movie theaters in the Iranian capital city, Tehran. After the ideological revolution of 1979,...En savoir +
My uncle gave me his film archives. When I watched them, I realized that he had a comprehensive video diary, that he is a lover of images, and that he recorded everything as if he had been mandated...En savoir +
Cruz is an actress who has dedicated her career to play different roles for medical students in college. She is a simulated patient who performs emotions and ailments in front of young doctors who...En savoir +
Mona Island is located a few kilometers away from the mainland, on a small piece of land of a few thousand souls. The island has a strong identity and the spirit of the annual carnival is very...En savoir +