Jeune Cinéma is a footage film documentary about the famous yet forgotten Hyères
Film Festival which took place from 1965 to 1983. It was at that time the most important
in France just after the glamorous Cannes Film Festival and a friendly place to discover
young directors such as Gilles Garrel, Akerman, Helma Sanders, Schroeter or Carax
before they became a legend for the art-house film amateurs. Hyères was a vivid
space for passionate debates, incredible polemics and above all surprising encounters.
In a word, it was THE place to be for all the cinephiles. If it suddenly disappeared
in 1983, it is not only because of internal and political conflicts but also for an unfair
competition with Cannes. The « Perspectives » section at Cannes, widely inspired
by Hyères, was attracting those same young talents discovered there. My personal
history as a filmmaker is deeply tied to the “Collectif Jeune Cinéma”, which was
in charge of the “Cinéma Différent” section. Therefore, it’s with a real emotion that
I have dived into the festival’s unreleased archives – finding astounding debates
or hilarious reactions of the audience – in order to reweave the thread of that forgotten
and yet so meaningful story about Cinema.
Genre : documentary
Length (min) : 83′
Production country : France
Production company : Local Films
Producer : Nicolas Brevière
Project state : Development
Budget : 194 896 €
Acquired Budget : 95 896 €
Shooting country : France
Production company filmography :
– Azor / Andreas Fontana / 2021 / 100′
– La Nuits aux Amants / Julien Hilmoine / 2021 / 86′
– L’oiseau de Paradis / Paul Manate / 2019 / 88′
– Nomades / Olivier Coussemacq / 2018 / 89′
– Permanent Green Light / Cooper & Faley / 2018 / 89′
– Lumières d’Eté / Jean-Gabriel PERIOT / 2017 / 85′
– El Apostata / Federico Viejoz / 2016 / 90′
– Une Jeunesse Allemande / Jean-Gabriel Periot / 2015 / 93′
- Une Certaine Histoire du Cinéma Expérimental français / 2019 / 80'
- Le Rock Expérimental des Instants Chavirés / 2018 / 69'
- Les Établissements Phonographiques de l’Est / 2017 / 64'
- La Chanson Politique de Colette Magny / 2017 / 32'
- Attention Spoiler / 2017 / 4'
- C’est de la Merde / 2017 / 4'
- Plaisir Progressif du Glissement / 2015 / 4'
- En Bleu, Blanc et Rouge / 2016 / 4'
- Le Centre Rouge / 2015 / 2'
- Le Fascisme à Notre Porte / 2015 / 2'
- Libertine X 6 / 2014 / 3'
A summer afternoon before a storm. In an 1890’s interior, elderly manor governor warns how faeries come out of the lakes to mingle among people in such a weather. On his way to meet a fellow...En savoir +
During the street riots against the Pahlavi dynasty in 1978-79, the rebels burned down more than 50 movie theaters in the Iranian capital city, Tehran. After the ideological revolution of 1979,...En savoir +
My uncle gave me his film archives. When I watched them, I realized that he had a comprehensive video diary, that he is a lover of images, and that he recorded everything as if he had been mandated...En savoir +
Cruz is an actress who has dedicated her career to play different roles for medical students in college. She is a simulated patient who performs emotions and ailments in front of young doctors who...En savoir +
Mona Island is located a few kilometers away from the mainland, on a small piece of land of a few thousand souls. The island has a strong identity and the spirit of the annual carnival is very...En savoir +