Swarm looks at contemporary attempts to use the behavior of honeybees to respond
to the conditions of environmental collapse. The film explores the present state
of the relationship between humans and bees and how it is changing through advances
in ecology, robotics and artificial intelligence. Framed through the filmmakers’ own
attempt at becoming amateur beekeepers, the film presents a comparative portrait
of different initiatives that are trying to create new models for interacting with nature.
Among these are a DIY beekeepers association, a biologist and swarm rescuer,
a group of amateur entomologists tracking the decline in insect population, and
the Artificial Life Lab in Graz, which has produced robotic bees and is developing an
intelligent artificial beehive. Through these efforts, the film considers the ways
in which, in the face of our current environmental predicament, developments
in science and technology are redefining the role of humans within the natural world.
Juan David González
Genre : documentary
Runtime (min) : 80′
Production country: Germany
Production company : Ojoboca GbR
Producers : Anja Dornieden, Juan David González Monroy
Project status : development
Estimated budget: 119 503 €
Acquired budget : 43 490 €
Shooting countries : Germany, Austria
Production company’s filmography :
– Her Name Was Europa / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2020 / 76′
– Comfort Stations / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2018 / 25′
– Heliopolis Heliopolis / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2017 / 26′
– The Masked Monkeys / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2015 / 30′
– Wolkenschatten / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2014 / 17′
– Gente Perra / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2014 / 26′
– A Flea’s Skin Would be Too Big for You / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2013 / 47′
– Eigenheim / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2012 / 16′
– The HandEye (Bone Ghosts) / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2012 / 7′
– Awe Shocks / Anja Dornieden & Juan David González / 2011 / 3′
- common filmography
- Her Name Was Europa / 2020 / 76'
- Comfort Stations / 2018 / 25'
- Heliopolis Heliopolis / 2017 / 26'
- The Masked Monkeys / 2015 / 30'
- Wolkenschatten / 2014 / 17'
- Gente Perra / 2014 / 26'
- A Flea’s Skin Would be Too Big for You / 2013 / 47'
- Eigenheim / 2012 / 16'
- The HandEye (Bone Ghosts) / 2012 / 7'
- Awe Shocks / 2011 / 3'
A summer afternoon before a storm. In an 1890’s interior, elderly manor governor warns how faeries come out of the lakes to mingle among people in such a weather. On his way to meet a fellow...En savoir +
During the street riots against the Pahlavi dynasty in 1978-79, the rebels burned down more than 50 movie theaters in the Iranian capital city, Tehran. After the ideological revolution of 1979,...En savoir +
My uncle gave me his film archives. When I watched them, I realized that he had a comprehensive video diary, that he is a lover of images, and that he recorded everything as if he had been mandated...En savoir +
Cruz is an actress who has dedicated her career to play different roles for medical students in college. She is a simulated patient who performs emotions and ailments in front of young doctors who...En savoir +
Mona Island is located a few kilometers away from the mainland, on a small piece of land of a few thousand souls. The island has a strong identity and the spirit of the annual carnival is very...En savoir +