Call for application FIDCampusFIDCampus
FIDMarseille, which will celebrate its 33rd edition from July 5th to 11th, is offering a training residency from July 4th to 12th for students from art and cinema schools and young filmmakers.
The young filmmakers selected for the 9th edition of the FIDCampus will begin their residency with a time of exchange and reflection on their work with professionals. They will then be invited to participate in diverse meetings, screenings, masterclasses and workshops.
The participants will be invited to :
– two days of tutoring and group discussions supervised by professionals (including in previous editions artists and filmmakers such as Alice Rohrwacher, Ghassan Salhab, Caroline Champetier, Narimane Mari, Raed Andoni, Stefano Savona, Marie Voignier, Claire Atherton, Kamal Aljafari, Phillip Warnell) – that will be focused on the films submitted by each of the young directors of the FIDCampus 2022 ;
– privileged meetings with directors, programmers or producers invited to the festival ;
– meetings with FIDMarseille and FIDLab programmers and organisers who will present the festival and an overview of existing international festivals and co-production support platforms.
and invited to attend :
– several masterclasses of internationally renowned directors, such as Apichatpong Weerasethakul in 2021, Angela Schanelec in 2020, Bertrand Bonello, Sharon Lockhart and Thomas Heise in 2019, Isabelle Huppert and Wang Bing in 2018, Roger Corman in 2017 or Patricio Guzman in 2016 ;
– case studies (editing, shooting, sound recording, post-production, etc.) provided by professionals from all over the world ;
– the FIDLab 2022 – a platform to support international co-production reserved for professionals – with participation in panels, presentations by FIDLab project leaders, and meetings.
Will be offered for each participant:
- Round trip ticket
- Pick up at the airport
- 8 nights accommodation in Marseille
- daily catering
- transportation and activities related to the program
- festival pass giving access to the whole programming and the catalogue
CALL FOR APPLICATION
Each school/institution can send 20 applications maximum.
In order to register, each director will need to:
- Create a VP user account on Eventival – if they do not have one already
- Notify Ludovica Corrias, of the creation of this account by sending an email to the following address : fidcampus [at] fidmarseille.org
- Ludovica Corrias will give each participant access to the online registration form.
Each participant may only submit one application (generally for the last film they made and whose duration will be less than 60 minutes). The application deadline is April 3rd, 2022.
Selection is not systematic. The FIDMarseille selection committee may select up to one director per school or partner, based on the film submitted and individual motivations.
For any question, please contact:
fidcampus [at] fidmarseille.org
Tél : (+33) 4 95 04 44 90