FIDCampus – call for applicationFIDCampus
FIDMarseille, which will celebrate its 31st edition from July the 7th to the 13th, is offering a training residency from July the 6th to the 14th for students and young film-makers from art and cinema schools.
The young film-makers selected for the 8th edition of the FIDCampus will begin their residency with a time of exchange and reflection on their work with professionals. They will then be invited to participate in diverse meetings, screenings, masterclasses and workshops.
The participants will be invited to :
– two days of tutoring and group discussions supervised by professionals (including Alice Rohrwacher, Ghassan Salhab, Caroline Champetier, Narimane Mari, Raed Andoni, Stefano Savona, Marie Voignier, Claire Atherton, Kamal Aljafari, Phillip Warnell in previous editions) – that will be focused on the films submitted by each of the young directors of the FIDCampus 2020;
– several masterclasses of internationally renowned directors, such as Bertrand Bonello, Sharon Lockhart and Thomas Heise in 2019, Isabelle Huppert and Wang Bing in 2018, Roger Corman in 2017 or Patricio Guzman in 2016;
– case studies (editing, shooting, sound recording, post-production, etc.) provided by professionals from all over the world;
– access to the FIDLab 2020 – a platform to support international co-production reserved for professionals – with participation in panels, presentations by FIDLab project leaders, and meetings;
– several screenings of the FIDMarseille’s official program;
– privileged meetings with directors invited to the festival;
– a meeting with FIDMarseille programmers and organisers who will present the festival and an overview of existing international festivals and co-production support platforms;
Will be offered for each participant :
- Round trip ticket
- Pick up at the airport
- 8 nights accommodation in Marseilles
- daily catering
- transportation and activities related to the program
- festival pass giving access to the whole programmation
CALL FOR APPLICATION
Each school/institution can send 15 applications maximum
In order to register, each director will need to :
- Create a VP user account (if they do not have one already) on Eventival
- Notify Emmanuelle Esmail-Zavieh of the creation of this account by sending an email at the following address : fidcampus [at] fidmarseille.org
- Emmanuelle Esmail-Zavieh will give each participant access to the online registration form.
Each participant may only submit one application (generally for the last film he/she made and whose duration will be less than 60 minutes). The application deadline is April 7, 2020.
Selection is not systematic. The FIDMarseille selection committee may select up to one director per school, based on the film submitted and individual motivations.
If you wish to send us the DVD of your film or any other additional document by post, please send your letter before April 7, 2020, specifying “FIDCAMPUS” on the enveloppe :
14 allée Léon Gambetta